gold confetti

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baby Girl is 11 Months Old?...WOW!

Can you believe it?  Or is it just me who's in disbelief over the fact that I have a daughter who will be a ONE YEAR OLD next month????  Holy cow!  Where has the year gone?  I love each new age and phase of hers, but I am a little sad that my tiny little wrinkly-skin newborn with the silky hair and sweet baby's breath is long gone...

Oh well, I'll wallow later...for now, here are Lucy's updates:

She FINALLY learned to crawl!  I was so excited for this because she was so late in doing so and I worried relentlessly over it.  With crawling came red knees and a new-found curiosity for anything and everything.  Now that she can see it, you can be sure she will get it.  Our wires are constantly being pulled out of their plugs, my pictures that are on book shelves that she can reach are getting knocked over, my cookbook pages (also on low bookshelves) are getting torn out, crumbs that I haven't picked up yet are getting swallowed, DVDs are getting pulled out and thrown across the room, Ruby is getting tackled while she tries to take naps, etc.  It is so much fun for me to see Lucy discover her "new" world, AKA- our living room.  She is "go-go-go."  There's really no stopping her!

She says "Hi" to people now.  It actually is "I" but she says it like a parrot would- over and over until you say "hi" back.  Love this.

She is sick of her baby food! We can't get her to eat it anymore.  We try and try just because I know it's so good for her, but she mostly just eats what we eat now.  She loooooves chicken, tofu, rice, steak, beans, yogurt, chips, steamed veggies, hot dogs....I don't know why I'm writing a list.  She likes everything- as long as it isn't pureed ;)

Lucy is trying to talk.  She has always been a vocal baby, but now she is speaking her own language that she thinks is real English.  She "talks" to us and looks at us as if she is really trying to communicate something and thinks we can understand her.  She uses hand gestures and all!  Quite the little character we have!

Our LuLu is such a joy!  She keeps me on my toes, keeps me tired, and keeps me happy :)









As always, Lucy, I love you more than words can say.
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! My favorite picture is the "so big" one in the entry by Ruby Ru:)
    Such a sweet little girl. I can't wait to say "hi" to her and have her say it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I believe your blog may be having web browser compatibility problems.
    When I take a look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in IE, it's got
    some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick
    heads up! Other than that, great blog!

    Visit my blog; buy twitter followers uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Welcome- Thanks for stopping by!